Columbia native and Harrisburg resident, Kimberly Ham, is winning awards with her 5Gen Salsa Products. 5Gen is just as it sounds, a recipe handed down for at least 5 generations. Over the years the family’s homemade ketchup and chili sauce recipe graced tables at community meals, gatherings of family and friends, and eventually Mizzou tail gate parties. Now it leaves its mark on Mid-Missouri. You can find 5Gen in local grocery stores and even in the VIP lounge at Roots and Blues. The City of Columbia Convention Service includes 5Gen products in their welcome basket making this a real flagship product for Mid-Missouri.
The products are gluten free and all natural having only 6 ingredients; tomatoes, onions, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and spices. They are made locally. The product line consists of:
- Original, a mild salsa,
- Chunky, a medium salsa,
- Gourmet Ketchup,
- Bloody Mary Mix.
The products are very versatile. Since originally made to be a condiment, they can be eaten with a variety of dishes including scrambled eggs, grilled veggies, baked chicken, stuffed peppers and pork chop. The Bloody Mary mix, while a wonderful drink base, can be used as a base for vegetable soup, beef stew, or chili. The proprietary mix of spices makes 5Gen products unforgettable.
They can also be found in the following retail locations:
- Hy-Vee Grocery Stores in Columbia, Jefferson City, and Osage Beach, Missouri
- Schnuck’s Grocery Store in Columbia and Jefferson City, Missouri
- Lucky’s Market-Natural and Organic Foods, Columbia, Missouri
- Clover’s Natural Market, Columbia, Missouri
- C & R SuperMarket in Boonville, Missouri
- C & R SuperMarket in Fayette, Missouri
- C & S Grocery in Harrisburg, Missouri
- H-Town Cafe in Harrisburg, Missouri
- Dierbergs in Osage Beach, Missouri
- Macadoodles in Columbia, Missouri